The West Greeley Conservation District partners with the Colorado State Forest Service to provide conservation seedling trees to local landowners at a nominal cost. We do this to encourage the establishment of conservation tree plantings such as Windbreaks, Living Snow Fences, Erosion Control, Wildlife Habitat, Visual Screens or Noise Barriers. Seedlings are grown at the CSFS Nursery in Fort Collins.
The district accepts orders from November to March and the trees are available for pickup in April. The district also sells supplies at a reasonable cost. Follow the links below for order forms, inventory, planting guides, species guides and more. For questions, call the district office at 970-356-8097 x3.
Last day to buy trees is March 29, 2017. Please check our available inventory online at http://csfs.colostate.edu/nursery/inventory.aspx.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Nursery stock is to be used for conservation purposes only.
- Seedlings are sold in the quantities listed on this form; lots will not be broken to facilitate the sale of individual seedlings.
- Payment must accompany order; no trees will be reserved until payment is received.
- Trees are living organisms that require proper care; there can be no guarantee of survival.
- All orders are final; No cancellations or refunds.
- In the event that trees orders are unavailable, a refund MAY be offered unless a substitute species can be arranged.
CSFS Planting Guide: http://csfs.colostate.edu/seedling-planting-guide/
WGCD Members:Windbreak cost share application
Species Suitability Guide for Colorado: http://static.colostate.edu/client-files/csfs/pdfs/SpeciesSuitabilityGuideforColorado.pdf
Trees for Conservation, Species Selection : http://static.colostate.edu/client-files/csfs/pdfs/08byrgd-www.pdf
Trees for Conservation- Planning, Planting, & Care: http://static.colostate.edu/client-files/csfs/pdfs/trees_for_conv_scr.pdf
Cookbook for Windbreaks: http://static.colostate.edu/client-files/csfs/pdfs/fruits_of_your_labor_cookbook.pdf
Take a Tour of the CSFS Nursery: http://csfs.colostate.edu/tour-the-nursery/
More Colorado Tree & Forest Publications http://csfs.colostate.edu/csfspublications/
April 13 & 14 2017
9:00am – 4:00 pm
5 Miles east of Lucerne on HWY 392
24631 HWY 392 Greeley, CO