Now sold by the tube! / Min 6 inch height / $3.00 per tube / Individual tube size 1.5″ x 8.25″
Please, don’t delay ordering – first come first serve!
Juniperus scopulorm, or Rocky Mountain juniper, is native to the Rocky Mountains and the Northwestern Great Plains. A mature height of 20 to 30 feet and spread 8 to 12 feet is normal, slow growth rate of 1 foot per year.
NOTE: Rocky Mountain juniper is often confused with Eastern Redcedar. The leaves and fruit are like Eastern redcedar, but there are significant differences. The main differences are:
- Rocky Mountain Juniper is smaller with a height of 20 to 30 feet and spread 8 to 12 feet
- Rocky Mountain Juniper’s branches tend to be more upright and shed snow more easily (less snow breakage/damage to tree)
- Rocky Mountain Juniper holds its summer color throughout the year
- Rocky Mountain Juniper is generally slower growing
- Rocky Mountain Juniper is less tolerant of shade
- Rocky Mountain Juniper is much more susceptible to disease in humid areas, but we don’t have to worry about that here in NE CO.
By placing an order, you understand that there is no guarantee on survivability on any plants sold. There are no refunds or exchanges – if it is determined that you got a damaged plant you will be provided with a replacement, species dependent on stock availability. Orders will be fulfilled with stock that is conservation grade for the conservation natured purpose of this low-cost seedling program.
Once orders are picked up please make any claims of damaged or unhealthy plants within 24 hours after pickup, photos are encouraged.